Sunday 11 September 2016

The Tilley Family Height Chart

Before Eloise, I wanted a height chart for Annabelle. I looked around and couldn't find anything I wanted that was cheap enough for us to justify buying! I particularly liked the wooden ruler height charts but liked the carved/etched ones rather than the painted ones. 
So, being me, I decided to make my own. I bought a cheap pyrography set and a plank of wood. I measured and stencilled my numbers and letters on and set about burning it all into the wood. It was great fun, more difficult to control across the grain of the wood but the effect was great. My husband had to finish the job though (he did the last couple of numbers at the top) as this was when I found out we were expecting Eloise and I didn't want to inhale all the smoke (eventhough I would do it outside). Annie loves it, although I have caught her trying to cheat by standing on a stool against it!


No comments:

Post a Comment