Sunday 11 September 2016

Fairytale House

This was an ongoing project from around 2 years ago. As a child, I used to have a book called 'This Old House' by Leo Hartas, which basically had many stories all occurring at once but in different apartments/floors of a big house. I loved the idea of seeing inside a house like a doll's house. I was also inspired by papercutting artist Paper Panda's series of 'Doll's House' papercuts. I wanted to take it one step further and have all the characters from loved fairytales/stories contained within my house. It is now on the wall in my hallway! See if you can spot the following characters!

Rapunzel
Snow White
Three Pigs
Billy Goat's Gruff
Wolf from Red Riding Hood
Rose from Beauty and the Beast
Pinocchio
Little Mermaid
Cinderella
Three bears
Gingerbread man


No comments:

Post a Comment