Sunday 11 September 2016

'The Kiss' Papercut

Possibly everyone has heard from Gustav Klimt's painting 'The Kiss'. It was always one of my favourites as a child, because of the complexity and structure of the patterns used. It is one of my Dad's favourite paintings too- it was for my beloved Dad's 60th birthday that I finally finished this papercut and framed it floating above an embossed gold background in a white frame.

My process included drawing it on the computer and adapting it so it could be cut from one piece of paper. This was a very lengthy process as I had to plan which patterns would be cut out or left as the white pieces of paper with parts cut away from it. This is pretty difficult considering all parts of the painting were different colours so working out what worked tonally was a challenge. I also had to make sure when cutting, no major parts would come out, so making sure all the necessary parts were joined together was also very important! I really enjoyed this papercut as it was so challenging that the end result is pretty epic!








No comments:

Post a Comment